Sunday, January 18, 2009

Fishing Thru the Cracks.

The summer of 1972, my bro and I were filling cricket and bait buckets for Mr K Bray at the Nightfall Jetty on the Toledo Bend Reservoir just south of many Louisiana. It was yet another hot, humid, July in the southwest Louisiana. Every day the same as yesterday and with virtually certainty the same as it might be tomorrow.

The wind was so still that the Spanish moss hardly rustled in the old cypress trees. But these were the kind of days I liked, cause the fishing would be good. Our daily provisions consisted of 2 cokes, a moon pie, a Miss. We would stomach em, stick em, and cook em over a little fire we might make on the bank not far from our tent. Don't misunderstand what I'm saying, we were not bad children nor did we come from a damaged home. We were just fortunate enough to become adult in part of the world and in a time that let us to live free, really free.

Will it be a fishing boat almost all of the time? A water-ski tow machine? The basic picnic cruise boat? Establish what it is the family wants the ship to do, then go find the model to fit those wishes. A lot of boats are being pre-packed with motor and trailer as a complete unit. When the ship wishes prepared service or repairs, the dealer should be there to stand behind the sale. It isn't a wedding ; it's more like a pleasurable relationship. As we shook hands, he drew me near and presented me with an old box. I slowly opened the box and grinned as I became conscious of its contents.
Halibut fishing

No comments:

Post a Comment