Monday, February 2, 2009

Lessons In Leadership : What Not To Do... From A Canoe!

I am not sure if you have ever been fly-fishing or perhaps you have seen it on the T. V. That way the fish does not see you and hopefully attacks the bait. I have that vision when we cast our stress on God. Do you give Him your stresses and let them float away and realize he's in control or do you keep the bait close so you can pick up the stress whenever you want? If a fly fisherman keeps his bait close he will frighten away the fish. When we give our stresses to God and leave them there he is more ready to work and we are better ready to rest. I must confess I am good at giving God my burdens and worries, but I quickly take them back. Why wait on God, perhaps I am able to figure this out myself? Do I trust God to take my worries and look after them? When I look closely at the above verse I regularly target the first part, cast all your stress on Him.

The second part is sort of as significant if not more crucial. Because, my Lord cares for me, He wants to hold my burdens and He wants me to bring them to Him. He cares about all my burdens, not just many of them. When it comes to fishing, my hubby takes the lead. I was to paddle as he cast and trolled his lure. He'd scream directions to me but I had small authority over the craft. The Boundary Waters are comprised of a lot of lakes connected with islands and it's often critical to portage the canoe to the subsequent lake. I'd identify the portage spot as we approached. ( three ) Never believe somebody closest to the difficulty. "I have a fish and I cannot tighten the reel. "He slowly made his way over and took the rod from my hand. So, I ask you "Where do you cast?" after you cast your stress, do you leave it with God or will you take it back? God cares for you and cares about positively everything you care about.

Fishing for halibut

No comments:

Post a Comment