Saturday, February 21, 2009

Lessons In Leadership : What Not To Do... From A Canoe!

Annoyed , I needed to turn around and strike him with the paddle.

The Boundary Waters are comprised of several lakes connected with islands and it's often important to portage the canoe to the following lake. I might identify the portage spot as we approached. On more than one occasion, Bill would insist I was incorrect and we'd spend time "looking", only to come back to the site I had identified.

I felt like throwing the backpacks up the trail.

LESSON : If you hire someone with a talent you do not have let them take the lead.

( three ) Never believe somebody closest to the difficulty.

We were fishing along a rock ledge jutting out from one of the islands. Bill was a distance from me when I all of a sudden yelled for help. "I have a fish and I cannot tighten the reel. Many anglers make the common mistake of thinking trout are not really smart. And wild trout, if they be rainbows, browns or brookies, are always smarter than their hatchery born opposite numbers.

In addition, even if you are fly fishing basically for hatchery born fish, it is still good to know how a trout uses their senses. Why? Quite simply, by understanding how a trout uses their senses, your approach and show will be better, leading to less spooked fish and thus better ends up in the stream. Whilst hatchery born fish are rather foolish, they are not so foolish as to sit right on top of an anglers foot, patiently waiting for that fake fly to hover right by. It is also worth recalling that compared to other fish, trout are smarter than most, particularly the cunning Brown Trout. Due to this, when fly fishing for trout, don't go about it like you would go about bluegill fishing. If an angler goes about fishing for trout on the principle that they are stupid, the angler is probably going to be disappointed. A trout that may survive the pains of a trout stream, particularly a Brown Trout, is a particularly cunning animal indeed.

From my weak directional paddling position Bill would also holler out a particular direction. Just what's that tree? "The GREEN one," he'd say. "Since the eyes in the back of my head were shut I could not see where his finger pointed. LESSON : Clairvoyance is not a skill base you can hire. Worried about workplace violence? Look at my reply to an individual I deeply love. Learn more on the subject of alaska halibut fishing

No comments:

Post a Comment